Release Notes 2004
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on December 7, 2004.
- texfont.pl is now version 2.2.1. From now on, it can optionally use internal filename globbing (using a new switch: --pattern=<wildcard>) instead of the system's default wildcard expansion. This has become the default commandline in the supplied data files.
- most other stuff is bugfixes, follow this heading's link for details.
This version is a very minor update. The files were uploaded on December 5, 2004. The zips are dated December 3, 2004, around 5pm. Hans has updated the website, and I think that is about the only reason for this release.
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on November 23, 2004. A version dated 2004.11.21 has been available for download as well, but that version had a nasty bug in the SciTe files.
- The XML interface description files for texshow have been updated, extended and moved to a private directory.
- New support for the Vietnamese langauge and Vietnamese (t5) encoded fonts.
- Extended support for the XeTeX executable (largely contributed by Adam Lindsay)
- Support for the commercial font families Sabon (Monotype), Industria (Linotype) and Stone (ITC).
- FoXeT improvements
- a series of minor bugfixes and extensions, follow the link for those.
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on November 8, 2004.
- A few updates to the .tws and .xml (interface documentation) files
- new TeXExec (5.2.2), with added switch --paranoid
- TeXFont and TeXUtil have a new version suffix (versions are now 2.2.0 and 9.0.0)
- minor spacing fix in footnote handling
- math accent fix (\skewchar settings)
- pdftex mapfile loading fix for pdftex<1.20
- guillemot spacing bugfixes
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on October 28, 2004.
- A number of minor bugfixes
- Default fontencoding is now ec
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on October 26, 2004.
- a (fairly large) set of Unicode named characters was added (contributed by Adam Lindsay)
- A LaTeX compatibility change in supp-mis.tex
- Some leftover low-level dutch removed
- A number of minor bugfixes
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on October 19, 2004.
- because of changes in the new pdftex, map file loading is now turned on by default in cont-sys.ori and cont-sys.rme. If you have a private cont-sys, you should probably make sure it does this as well.
- lots of minor changes to the FO sub-engine
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on October 7, 2004. Most important news:
- The ConTeXt core now uses english for (almost) everything
- The FO (foxet) engine is now included in the distribution
- e-TeX 2.1 bug workarounds
- If you are using pdftex, please upgrade to > 1.20
- XeTeX specials support
- Support for typesetting in catalan
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on August 18, 2004. There are quite some changes. Highlights:
- texexec is now version 4.4, which adds "-engine" support for the upcoming texlive changes, and adds direct support for dvipdfm and dvipdfmx
- the 'visual' module is now included in the distro
- multitone color support
- The LaTex .sty files now are true packages, including a version date (2004/07/30)
- Various DIN papersizes added and adjusted
This version of ConTeXt was uploaded on August 16, 2004. The most important news compared to the previous version:
- The low-level marking and page numbering macro names are converted to english.
- The are a number of preliminary changes for XSL-FO support
- \framed now supports the "orientation" keyword.