|TODO: This page is work in progress and an update to the current pages Epub and Epub_Sample. (See: To-Do List)|
The ePub facilities of ConTeXt are based on its Export of XML/XHTML. Make sure you get useful export output from your project before you try ePub.
If you already ran ConTeXt on your project and got the file structure as described in Export, you can run
mtxrun --script epub --make minimal to get a structure like:
minimal.epub minimal-epub ├── META-INF │ └── container.xml ├── OEBPS │ ├── cover.xhtml │ ├── images │ ├── minimal-div.xhtml │ ├── minimal.opf │ ├── nav.xhtml │ ├── styles │ │ ├── minimal-defaults.css │ │ ├── minimal-images.css │ │ └── minimal-styles.css │ └── toc.ncx └── mimetype
- .epub: The epub file is just a zipped version of the directory structure.
- mimetype: contains only "
- container.xml points to the root file "minimal.opf"
- cover.xhtml is the cover image shown by ePub readers
- -div.xhtml: your content
- .opf: list of all resources, this keeps the "book" together. See also OPF specs.
- .ncx: table of contents
- Better workflow