Using fonts with TeX was once a Jedi fight, before (2013 / 2015 ?) and LuaTeX development.
Nowadays, Fonts are a piece of cake
Really the basics, in 2 or 3 steps, less than 1 minute.
Also the basics, in 2 or 3 steps, less than 5 minutes.
Few preliminary commands, then it's as easy as #2
- Obviously, fonts features:
- Deep dive into typescripts
- Alegreya Typescript: a quite complete example (2019), MkIV for the Alegreya fonts by Huerta Tipográfica / Juan Pablo del Peral, downloadable from Google Fonts.
- Summary of experiences of three Fraktur (2019)
- Vocabulary : fontname, fontfamily, typeface, typescript, fonts, styles...
- What is a typescriptcollection
- Font chapter of the reference manual