|TODO: This page should be expanded, with a basic how-to description, or at least a bit of narrative structure rather than being a collection of notes. (See: To-Do List)|
ConTeXt can be downloaded here.
Most issues depend more on your TeX Distribution than on your operating system.
Installation of the latest ConTeXt using a clean teTeX 3.0 installation.
There was a change in TDS (TeX Directory Structure) in 2004, ConTeXt now uses the new structure, so look at the Update Hints!
Please check if you must adapt these files:
- texexec.ini (copy from texexec.rme)
- cont-usr.tex (normally you don't need to change this)
- cont-sys.tex (copy from cont-sys.rme -- can solve font problems!)
- pdftex.cfg (no more since TDS 2004)
- texmf.cnf (perhaps enable shell escape via \write18 -- better use "-shell-escape" in texexec.ini!)
"Why must I copy those files from .rme?" – Because otherwise your setup would be overwritten at each update!