- John Hobby's page: http://cm.bell-labs.com/who/hobby/MetaPost.html
- Current development: http://foundry.supelec.fr/projects/metapost/
MetaPost is a graphical programming language, based on Donald Knuth's MetaFont. Normally MP graphics are converted to PostScript and used with dvips, but ConTeXt can use it directly with PDF (see MPtoPDF).
MetaPost is ConTeXt's "native" graphics mode, see MetaFun.
Documentation & Tutorials
- A User's Manual for MetaPost
- Learning METAPOST by doing (this and this link are not working)
- A Beginner's Guide to METAPOST for Creating High-Quality Graphics by Troy Henderson
- Lots of examples
Different Packages, Extensions & Applications of Metapost
- finomaton - drawing finite state automata
- statsmac - metapost macros for statistics graphs
- MetaUML - MetaPost library for typesetting UML diagrams
|TODO: needs major review (See: To-Do List)|
- Asymptote - inspired by MetaPost & fully generalizes MetaPost path construction algorithms to three-dimensions