Difference between revisions of "Template:Main Page"
(Bohinj is _now_)
|Line 11:||Line 11:|
After a very successful [http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2007/programme.shtml meeting in Epen] (NL) in March 2007, the '''[http://meeting.contextgarden.net Second International ConTeXt User Meeting]'''
After a very successful [http://meeting.contextgarden.net/2007/programme.shtml meeting in Epen] (NL) in March 2007, the '''[http://meeting.contextgarden.net Second International ConTeXt User Meeting]''' place in Bohinj (Triglav National Park) in '''Slovenia''' from '''20th-25th''' of '''August 2008'''. ''(Hint: Next to Italy & Austria, do not search around the Czech border on the map. :)''
. if '.
Revision as of 21:53, 23 August 2008
We're working on documentation. We're looking for your contributions and feedback:
- browse subversion repository
- We need your help with proof-reading the manuals
ConTeXt User Meeting
After a very successful meeting in Epen (NL) in March 2007, the Second International ConTeXt User Meeting is taking place in Bohinj (Triglav National Park) in Slovenia from 20th-25th of August 2008. (Hint: Next to Italy & Austria, do not search around the Czech border on the map. :) Today we had a very nice trip to different places in Slovenia. Don't worry if we didn't answer any mails on the mailing list today.
Welcome to the ConTeXt wiki!
This is an open community website for the wonderful TeX macro package ConTeXt, created by Pragma ADE. Here you may explore the abundance of information on ConTeXt and participate by creating your own ConTeXt related wiki pages.
- What is ConTeXt?: About ConTeXt: A flexible TeX-based system for typesetting documents.
- First Document | Second Step | Next Steps: A quick introduction to how ConTeXt works.
- Longer hello-world document.
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about ConTeXt.
- Read Me: ConTeXt's official readme notes and license.
You need either:
- Minimal ConTeXt Distribution
- or a a standard TeX distribution, such as MikTeX or TeX Live 2007 (often part of linux distributions)
As well as perl and ruby.
LuaTeX and Mark IV
The first ConTeXt Mark IV beta with support for LuaTeX beta has been released in August, 2007 and is not supported in any major TeX distribution yet. See:
ConTeXt Documentation, Tips, and Tricks
As with all computer languages, ConTeXt is much easier to use when one has good documentation. The official ConTeXt manual is a good place to start; this section provides a complement to it, with alternate explanations and examples for a number of key subjects, updates describing more recent additions to ConTeXt, and detailed solutions to some tricky problems.
- Official ConTeXt Documentation: Manuals, sample files, and more.
Specific Subjects in ConTeXt
- Structurals: Titles, tables, enumerations, and other pieces of document structure.
- Visuals: Layout, graphics, fonts, and other aspects of the document's appearance.
- Inside ConTeXt: Macros, commands, and other programming.
- Math: Mathematics and other scientific notations.
- XML: ConTeXt can be used to format XML text or documents.
- Presentations: Specific advice for presentations and on-screen display.
- TeX and pdfeTeX: Non-ConTeXt specific page about TeX and pdfeTeX
- Posting on arxiv.org: How to submit ConTeXt documents to http://arxiv.org/, the worldwide, heavily used physics (and now mathematics and computer science) open-access preprint server.
General ConTeXt Documents
- The ConTeXt Way: The ConTeXt philosophy, and how to work with ConTeXt and not against it.
- Sample documents: Some examples of documents created in ConTeXt, with source code.
- From LaTeX to ConTeXt: Particular tricks that are useful for moving from LaTeX to ConTeXt.
- HTML and ConTeXt: Collaborative HTML document preparation using Wiki and its conversion to ConTeXt using Ruby.
Bugs, Typos & Feature requests
If you're waiting for an interesting functionality in ConTeXt, the ConTeXt Mailing Lists is probably the first place to turn to. However, minor bugs, typos in the documentation, Dutch leftovers in the source code, ... can be reported and collected here.
- Bugs and workarounds: Errors and fixes for ConTeXt itself.
- Errata: Errors and corrections in the official ConTeXt manuals.
- Feature Requests: A collection of ConTeXt feature requests.
- Bug reports and Feature requests @ Supélec (too complex to be solved quickly on the mailing list).
Contextgarden Help & Guidelines
- How to edit wiki pages: How to add your contributions here.
- Contextgarden: Feature requests for this Wiki.