Welcome to the ConTeXt wiki!
This is an open community website for the wonderful TeX macro package ConTeXt, created by Pragma ADE. Here you may explore the abundance of information on ConTeXt and participate by creating your own ConTeXt related wiki pages.
- What is ConTeXt?: About ConTeXt: A flexible TeX-based system for typesetting documents.
- First Document | Second Step | Next Steps: A quick introduction to how ConTeXt works.
- FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions about ConTeXt.
- Read Me: ConTeXt's official readme notes and license.
Most TeX Distributions include an installation of ConTeXt already -- try running texexec --version to see if it's installed on your system. Even if you have ConTeXt installed, though, you may want to upgrade to a current version with all the latest features and bugfixes.
- Installation hints: Basic instructions for installing ConTeXt.
- teTeX 3.0 installation: Specific instructions for ConTeXt on teTeX 3.0.
ConTeXt Documentation, Tips, and Tricks
As with all computer languages, ConTeXt is much easier to use when one has good documentation. The official ConTeXt manual is a good place to start; this section provides a complement to it, with alternate explanations and examples for a number of key subjects, updates describing more recent additions to ConTeXt, and detailed solutions to some tricky problems.
- Official ConTeXt Documentation: Manuals, sample files, and more.
Specific Subjects in ConTeXt
- Structurals: Titles, tables, enumerations, and other pieces of document structure.
- Visuals: Layout, graphics, fonts, and other aspects of the document's appearance.
- Inside ConTeXt: Macros, commands, and other programming.
- Math: Mathematics and other scientific notations.
- XML: ConTeXt can be used to format XML text or documents.
- Presentations: Specific advice for presentations and on-screen display.
General ConTeXt Documents
- The ConTeXt Way: The ConTeXt philosophy, and how to work with ConTeXt and not against it.
- Sample documents: Some examples of documents created in ConTeXt, with source code.
- From LaTeX to ConTeXt: Particular tricks that are useful for moving from LaTeX to ConTeXt.
Bugs, Typos & Feature requests
If you're waiting for an interesting functionality in ConTeXt, the ConTeXt Mailing Lists is probably the first place to turn to. However, minor bugs, typos in the documentation, Dutch leftovers in the source code, ... can be reported and collected here.
- Bugs and workarounds: Errors and fixes for ConTeXt itself.
- Errata: Errors and corrections in the official ConTeXt manuals.
- Feature Requests: A collection of ConTeXt feature requests.
ConTeXtgarden Help & Guidelines
- How to edit wiki pages: How to add your contributions here.
- Contextgarden: Feature requests for this Wiki.